Startown Optimist Meeting Minutes 12/3/2018
Meeting was brought to order by Mr. Fickling
There was no new business and no old business.
Informational items include:
- Currently $2,200 in checking
- $971 power bill – that is being looked into
- Basketball uniforms are projected to be $1,386
- Basketball registration
- 77 kids
- A 4th/5th grade coach is needed
- Turkey Giveaway on 11/17/2018
- 15 turkeys given away
- Ms. Hutto at Startown Elementary helped identify Backpack Program recipients to give the remaining food to. – Help from Betsy Mantak
- Mrs. Fulbright added that she was unsure if the Saturday was worse than last year’s Wednesday before Thanksgiving or if less people needed food
- Mr. Fickling commented that 2017’s giveaway was great due to the kids actually giving the food away.
- By-Laws review
- No changes were proposed.
- Members were encouraged to look them over and bring any changes to the agenda.
- Two Board of Directors to replace:
- Travis Schmuker – has not participated in multiple consecutive meetings and as part of the by-laws will be replaced.
- Beau Fulbright – has been nominated and voted in as the Vice-President due to the resignation of Jason Rainey.
- Mr. Jason Norman made a suggestion of trying to do a community outreach program.
- Mr. Spleet commented that it was prudent to build the membership and increase the financial stability of the organization to provide bigger projects to the community.
- Mrs. Fulbright commented about getting together a Corporate Sponsorship packet.
- Mr. Spleet said he would look at the forms available to officers on the website and bring some to the next meeting.
Next meeting was set as a Christmas celebration: December 17, 2018 at 6:30 PM.